Hunting Hawk Golf Association is pleased to announce the schedule and information for our 2018 season. For the most part, we have kept the 2018 schedule pretty similar to last year with the exception of some format changes. tournament dates this year will be back to only Saturday mornings but Sundays may be used for rain dates. The tournament schedule for the 2018 season will include 15 weekend events, 10 nine hole events and our Match Play Championship. We have added a few social nights to the calendar which spouses are invited to attend. We also have a Battle at Hunting Hawk team match at the end of the season pitting Team Jeff vs. Team Smitty. We are looking forward to a fun season with great times and great golf!
- Establish a handicap through the VSGA/USGA
- Eligible to play in RGA & VSGA events
- Monthly golf tournaments for HHGA Members Only
- Eligible to participate in Inter-club Matches
- Players are asked to check in by 7:30am, with announcements starting at 7:45am.
- Players are responsible for paying golf fees per round ($53 with cart on tournament days only) if you are not a club member. Members must pay $18 cart fee. Players MUST RIDE during all association events.
- Players with a Course Handicap of 10-17 are allowed to move up to the White Tees while players with a Course Handicap 18 or over can play from the Gray Tees.
- Championship Flight will play the Talon tees in the Club Championship and Match Play Championship.
- Players will not be allowed to choose who they play with in tournaments. Players will be randomly placed into groups and we will try to move the pairings around.
- All members must have an established Handicap to play in association events.
- Sign-up sheet will be posted in Pro Shop two weeks prior to date of event.
- USGA Rules govern all play.
- Prizes are awarded per event in the value of gift certificates that can be used in the pro shop for merchandise only.
- Players that do not show for their tee time on events days will not be allowed to play in the following event. We will require that you notify us by phone or email no later than 6:00pm the night before if you are not playing in the tournament.
- Players will also not be able to play in the next event for an unjustified withdrawal from an event.
The “Hawk Cup”:
Going into the 2018 season we did not make any changes to “The Hawk Cup” which is now an 11 tournament race for a 16 player playoff at the end of the season. During the 11 regular season events, players will earn points based on their final standings in each tournament. The final tournament standings will be done in a Net Division with each player receiving 75% of his handicap. The “Hawk Cup” events are listed on the tournament schedule with an (*HC*) next to the event name. There will be four events that will be considered “Majors” that are listed on the tournament schedule with an (*HC-Major*) next to the event name, which will award double the points. In the event of any ties, players will receive the same amount of points.
There will be bonus points that you can receive during the season by simply playing in the events. You will receive 10 bonus points per non- Hawk Cup event that you play in during the regular season, and you can also earn 50 bonus points by playing in 5 of the 10 Summer Series events.
Take advantage of these bonus opportunities which could help you make the Top 16!
At the conclusion of our season, we will have our Hawk Cup Championship which is a now a two-day, individual competition for the Top 16 players in the Hawk Cup Standings. The Hawk Cup Champion will be the individual that leads the standings following the Hawk Cup Championship. The winner will receive “The Hawk Cup” along with a FREE One Year Full Golf Membership to Hunting Hawk Golf Club that is valid for 2019.
The Membership that is won is non-transferable and is valid from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019. A cart plan and range plan are available for an add on purchase.
Our member dues are staying the same for this season and allow you to play in any of the Men’s Golf Association events. Your membership dues do not include the daily fees required to play on tournament days. Keep in mind that all of the money that we collect in Association Dues is used to pay out for the prize fund, update and purchase tournament trophies, annual VSGA Handicap Fee and to provide an end of season party for all of our members.
Club Members - $125
Non – Club Members - $165
**Membership Referral Special**
Any current HHGA Member that brings in a new player that joins the Men’s Association will receive a free round of golf at Hunting Hawk that can be used during an event or at their own leisure. There is no limit on how many rounds you can receive, so start recruiting!!